Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Tough Week

Tomorrow would be Jerry's 78th birthday and, of course, Sunday is Father's Day. You might say I have a double whammy this week! And on top of that, I am suffering from a summer cold combined with a very bad allergy season this June in Oklahoma. Perhaps feeling so bad already will allow me to slip through the rest of the week? Somehow I doubt it.

Lynn and I plan to go to lunch tomorrow and do some reminiscing. The picture below is from his 77th birthday last year.

As I prepare to enter another trigger for my grieving, I want to remember all the reasons I have to be thankful for with this sweet man and husband as Psalm 3-:11-12 says: "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever."

  1. Jerry was a faithful and loving husband for over 50 years loving me even when I didn't deserve it. (So thankful God does the same.)
  2. Jerry adored his daughters and they adored him. He was meant to have girls!
  3. He loved his God above all else and served Him every day of His life.
  4. He built things, fixed things, problem-solved things, and in general took care of things for me all our life together.
  5. His song was the light of my days and love in my heart.
  6. He loved people and they loved him in return.
  7. He rubbed my feet with lotion every night and never missed a day telling me he loved me and kissing me.
  8. He gave the best hugs in the world.
  9. Jerry was the very best patient in the world after the stroke.
  10. He sang Because to me twice: once when we married and again when we renewed our vows after 50 years.
  11. He could think circles around me but loved me anyway.
  12. Jerry always had warm hands to hold even in the Wisconsin winters.
  13. His wisdom was always there for me to tap into.
  14. His love of reading gave him a knowledge base to be a part of any conversation.
  15. He was a wonderful grandfather/papa to his grandchildren.
  16. Jerry had artistic talent oozing out of his pores--marvelous.
  17. As a youth minister, he loved his teens with all his heart and did everything he could to help them be good Christians.
  18. He was a great listener.
  19. Jerry never complained. 
  20. His death was precious in God's sight.
  21. He has taken his place in the heavenly choir singing his lungs out every day.
  22. He is free of his arthritis pain forever.
  23. His mind and body are no locked in the chains of his stroke.
  24. He is hugging our two miscarried grandchildren.
  25. I experienced a love here on earth that is rare and precious from Jerry D. Cox!
Happy 78th birthday in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox