Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Grief is the cost of loving someone

Attending the first session of GriefShare was a good idea for me. The video we watch has many people sharing who have had losses of their own. Their experience of grieving helps those of us in the class to process what we are going through in our personal journey.

After the class, I went on to their website, https://www.griefshare.org/ and signed up for their daily devotionals. The first day had this: " Grief is not an enemy or a sign of weakness. It is a sign of being human. Grief is the cost of loving someone." Wow, what a statement. If I am grieving (as I am) it means I had a love great enough for me to need to grieve. I am blessed! So many people in the world never have a love worthy of the grieving I am currently doing.

God never leaves us through our grieving. Isaiah 40:31 says, "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." I can tell you I don't feel like soaring too many days lately. However, my hope is in my Lord knowing my strength will return to help be soar once again. Grieving is fatiguing so the promise of not growing weary is another great one. I will hang on to these promises as I move through days of many tears but also of great joy in the precious memories I have of my sweet husband.

Yesterday, I was in a cute gift shop in Ardmore, OK, and found this precious lamp. It was especially meaningful for me because of the angels teaching Jerry songs during the last 2 months of his life. He is now singing daily with the angels in heaven. I truly miss his beautiful voice here but will hear it again some day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox