My third editor is sending back her edits on the rest of the chapters. She suggested I need one more chapter because felt it left her hanging. I will be working on an Epilogue rather than adding chapter 19. This project seems to be never ending!
Last week, I had a great trip to Boerne, Texas to see my sister, Linda, and two cousins, Joetta and Brenda. We had a wonderful visit reminiscing. Our mothers were three sisters so we are truly connected in many ways. Brenda brought old scrapbooks and pictures for us to look through. It was a memory-making visit.
I have been reading about Moses again in my yearly readings. Two scriptures stood out to me this time.
Exodus 33:17 - "And the said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked,because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”
It is so cool God knows us by name! Someone once said that if God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it! How amazing is that for him to know us so personally. He had our lives written in a notebook before we were born! Wonder how big His library of notebooks is?
Exodus 34:10 - "Then the said: “I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world.The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the , will do for you."
My time during the stroke is a testimony to the second scripture. God certainly did wonders for me and Jerry during our 22 months. He was truly amazing and I want to share that with so many others!
Today I am thankful for:
- Naps in the afternoon.
- That I am NOT still living in Wisconsin and teaching in Minnesota with all the snow there right now.
- Getting my walking in this morning at the gym with Kelly Ann.
- Helping to take care of the children this morning at Bible Study Fellowship.
- Working on my taxes to have them done and off my list before I go to Israel next month. (Now to pay them when I get back!)
- Going to see the twins tomorrow night after a 2 week break. I miss them.
- Such wonderful memories of my Valentine.
- The love we shared for over 50 years sustaining me through this time of year.
- God knowing me by name.
- The amazing things God has done and continues to do in my life.