Monday, June 4, 2018

Moving On

Is it truly possible to "move on" from the death of a spouse of over 50 years? People tell you all the time, "You need to move on."  How do you do that? How with over 50 years of memories, do you put them aside and move ahead with your life? How do you react to all the triggers causing you to instantly tear up? I have heard grieving is not something you do and it is over. Grieving is a process that never ends. 

So I don't ever plan on losing the memories, quit crying, being sentimental over his art work, listening to videos of his singing with a pain in my heart, missing him on holidays and birthdays, talking to the box with his ashes, or truly moving on, What others mean by moving on will mean something different to me. It will mean carrying all the memories with me as I move on. I will never be the same person I was before I met Jerry. Not only did our marriage change me but my 22 months of caregiving totally changed me--for the better. I grieved throughout the 22 months; however, it was  not over when he passed away. Then my grieving simply moved to a new place, a deeper place, a more practical place. Tears will always flow and my God will continue to collect them in His bottle labeled "Lois Cox." (Psalm 56:8) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox