Sunday, July 1, 2018

I have seen the Lord!

Today's sermon was excellent! Our minister talked about sharing our faith with others and that it is lack of courage keeping us from doing so. He finished with the story of Jesus' resurrection. When Mary Magdalene went to the tomb, rather than finding a body, she saw her Lord. She immediately went to the disciples to share the news saying, "I have seen the Lord." (John 20:18) Our minister was encouraging us to share with others the times we have seen Jesus and been with him.

I thought about that and realized the closest contact and relationship I have had in my 72 years was my 22 months as a caregiver for my husband. Telling people how God took care of me during that time has been so easy. My heavenly team was totally amazing giving me strength each day, answering my prayers and the prayers of many who were supporting me, and helping me get through the last few days when Jerry was in hospice. God gave us special time together in the midst of lots of family and friends here to also support me. He let me hold Jerry's hand through the end as he moved on to heaven.

Yesterday an Edward Jones salesman found me when I was in the garage cleaning out my car for my trip tomorrow. As we visited about my Edward Jones financial planner in Minnesota, our move here, and my husband's stroke and eventual death, I found myself telling this young man I had just met how marvelous God was through that time. I have a story to tell about God's providence to anyone who will listen. I have seen the Lord!

Today I am grateful for:
1. Worshiping with other Christians this morning.
2. Connecting with a new friend at church--we have much in common.
3. Going to lunch with her to a new (for me) restaurant--La Madeleine in Norman for great French food.
4. Packing for my trip tomorrow.
5. The opportunity I will have in Colorado to tell my story!
6. Sweet memories of my husband.
7. Wonderful rain last night to keep my garden from getting so dry while I am gone (and giving my friend, Kelly Ann fewer times to come water.
8. The absolute beauty in my garden.
9. Studying James this morning in class.
10. God's constant presence with me in the grieving process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox