Sunday, January 13, 2019

Book moves forward

My book is off to the third editor, my college roommate who was an English major. The three editors have been very different in their approach which should give me a well-rounded text when finished. I am excited to have it in this stage waiting for the publishing stage. My son-in-law, Tim, has great ideas for finding a publisher through connections he has. He also has great ideas about getting me out to do some speaking this year. I am praying things will happen to allow God's story to be told.

At this point, it is close to 300 pages telling God's story. This is all getting me ready for the next phase of my new life and my new ministry. God has been amazing to give me such a great purpose in life.

The new year has brought a beautiful newness to life. Of  course, a new year always brings an overall newness to things, viewpoints, and future. This week, I am going to see my dear friends, Linda, in Hereford, Texas. We are going to catch up, and I am also picking up a suitcase to use for my trip to Israel and Egypt in March. The excitement is building!

Things are easier in year two so far. Tears still flow easily but not as often. I am more comfortable with being alone now. The pain does get easier with time! There are and always will be so many things about Jerry I will miss forever--especially his hugs, kisses, and song. Wow--how quiet my house is now. I have tried to play music but there just is no substitute for that voice!

Psalm 91:1-2 - "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night." God continues to show me He will never leave me. Because of that, I must never stop singing His praises from morning until night. I am so thankful I don't have to sing as beautiful as Jerry did--just sing. Hearing my praises to God is as beautiful to Him as Jerry's singing was to me. Maybe the Spirit also takes my singing and makes it lovely to God as He does with the words of my feeble attempts at prayer! That would be awesome!

Today I am thankful for:

  1. Warm clothes on such a cold day.
  2. A beautiful worship service this morning.
  3. The beauty of the song, Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone. At the same time, the beauty of the memory of that song at Jerry's service and the tears that ALWAYS follow it.
  4. Spending time with Kinsey, my granddaughter, at a coffee shop during second service this morning while we waited for Tim and Lynn.
  5. The excitement of my trip to Israel and Egypt mounting.
  6. The lovely visit coming up to see my good friend, Linda.
  7. My wonderful editors to help make my book the best it can be.
  8. My son-in-law, Tim to help "sell" me with my story from God.
  9. Warm houses on cold days.
  10. Praising God in the morning and evening because of His faithfulness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox