Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy 2019--God Makes All Things New!

Sunday I reached the one-year anniversary of Jerry's death. It was a difficult day especially with church that morning as there are always reminders of Jerry in church on a normal Sunday. I had made the decision early in the year I would wear my wedding ring for the full year and then wear it occasionally with Jerry's on a chain. Here is the necklace I found which has a family tree and a charm saying, "love never fails," from I Corinthians 13.


Lynn sent me this thought-provoking quote from Facebook:

Hello, welcome to Flight #2019. We are prepared to take off into the New Year. Please make sure your Attitude and Blessings are secured and locked in an upright position. All self-destructive devices should be turned off at this time. All negativity, hurt and discouragement should be put away. Should we lose Altitude under pressure, during the flight, reach up and pull down a Prayer. Prayers will automatically be activated by Faith. Once your Faith is activated you can assist other passengers. There will be NO BAGGAGE allowed on this flight. The Captain (GOD) has cleared us for takeoff. Destination GREATNESS. Book your flight!!!️  I have already purchased my ticket and I'm buckled in and ready for takeoff!

Isaiah 43:19 - "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." As I start 2019, I am thankful the first year was finished with some great memories, good sharing of my testimony, and adjusting to the new me. This year was blessed already with Paul and Mara from Wisconsin coming to share the first anniversary with me. God has also put a widower in my life from my life group at church. We are able to share similar emotions in moving on from the death of our spouses. We have been spending time with each other for 2 weeks now giving us some special times of going places together, sharing our lives, and getting to know each other. Here is a picture of Paul, Mara, and Henry as we rode the new streetcars in downtown Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve day. That night, we enjoyed a party with some other of the life group. God is making a new thing! My future is in God's hands--as is yours!



Today I am thankful for:

  1. Paul and Mara's safe flight back to Wisconsin.
  2. The great support of family and friends through the holidays and first anniversary.
  3. Being with the twins tonight after dinner.
  4. Taking the twin's great grandmother out to dinner for her Christmas present with no twins around!
  5. Continuing to have sweet memories of Jerry.
  6. Having someone to spend time with and go out with.
  7. A lovely weekend with Paul and Mara here and their support.
  8. Having many at church remember the anniversary and hold me up.
  9. Great fun at the New Year's Eve party.
  10. God making new things in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox