Saturday, December 22, 2018

A Song to Minister to You

My dear friend, Linda, sent me a song with tremendously meaningful words. Listen to the song and you will be blessed.
This is so much of what I went through during my 22 months. Now that I am a widow, it continues to help me. Tears flow so freely right now, and I would not stop any of them. The blessings of growing closer to God are priceless. Learning to accept trials as God's mercies is a change of thinking but an important one.

We had a Christmas dinner last night with our extended family before we leave today for Kansas City. Not being in this house on Christmas day is a big part of making it through Christmas #1. We are all looking forward to fun times in the Air B&B there and finding fun things to do. I pray your Christmas will also be good.

Job 2:10a - He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” Job had far greater problems than I ever thought of having and yet, this was his thinking. God gives good and trouble. However, in listening to the song above, the trouble is to help us make the good even better. We grow so much by being forced to draw close to God. Take a different perspective on the storms in your lives!

Today I am thankful for:

  1. The season of Christmas even with the tearful memories this year.
  2. Beautiful songs to help us look at our storms differently.
  3. Family and friends.
  4. Wonderful meal last night.
  5. Taking off today for Kansas City and visiting Tim's brother on the way.
  6. Having Kinsey in town for the holidays.
  7. David's reaction to receiving some of his Papa's tools last night for Christmas.
  8. God's unfailing love.
  9. God knowing each tear of mine and caring so much.
  10. God helping us grow closer to him through the painful times.

Merry Christmas to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox