Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Meaning of Life

My trip to the Eastern part of the US has been great. I have seen lots of beaches, sunrises, sunsets, flowers, ocean waves, lovely cities and on and on. Traveling through the southern states on the Gulf Coast has shown me lush greenery with trees lining every highway. Tourist spots have all been hit, seen, and enjoyed.

Once again, however, I have learned the meaning of life. My trip has been full of value because of the friendships renewed, sharing my testimony about God's providence, and having a purpose in living my life from this day forward. Having fun is wonderful. Being a tourist is great. Eating out is so enjoyable. But it is WHO I am having fun with, sharing the sites with, fellow-shipping with over a meal with family and friends that is important! Relationships are the foundation of life.

The most important relationship is the one with my God! The prayer time with Him, being amazed at His nature, experiencing the beauty of a sunrise and sunset over the water, speaking about God's miracles in Jerry's recovery--that is what is important!

Jerry was an amazing man. He was a genius literally. He loved people with a deep care an concern for their well being. He served His God in the ministry for several years. He loved his family. He honored his commitment to our marriage covenant for 50 years. He lived through physical pain without complaint. He never turned away from his commitment to His God.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 - "Now all has been heard;   here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments,  for this is the duty of all mankind." Solomon had everything this world considers valuable and important: wealth, wisdom, and women. He spends almost the entire book talking about how meaningless life seems to be. And yet he ends with this conclusion of the total purpose in life. Our entire duty is to fear God and be careful to obey his commands. Jerry did that his entire life. He never amassed a lot of wealth or fame, but his life was totally successful and full of value and meaning. How wonderful to have these memories of my sweet husband.

Today I am grateful for:

  1. Time with my daughter, grandson, and granddaughter.
  2. Morning sunrises.
  3. Evening sunsets.
  4. The nature connection with God.
  5. Sweet memories of Jerry.
  6. Having a testimony to share.
  7. Reconnecting with friends and family.
  8. Playing games with my family.
  9. Enjoying Cassidy's cockatiel. 
  10. The knowledge of my whole duty in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox