Monday, August 27, 2018

God's Love is at the Ocean

My time here has been wonderful--especially the time at the ocean. I have been uplifted, comforted, strengthened, and inspired by the movements of the ocean. Here is something I wrote just this morning while drinking my coffee and looking out at the shoreline at my daughter's home.

The Tides

Each evening the tides begin to rise
Ever so slowly the water inches up
The shoreline disappears as it rises.

Each morning the tide begins to lower
And again ever so slowly the water inches down
The shoreline comes back into view.

The moon's pull is the mighty force
To create this daily ocean action
That happens daily, monthly, yearly.

In and out as regular as a ticking clock
As dependable as the rising of the sun
As consistent at winter melting into spring.

God is the power behind it all.
His power is dependable, is consistent
More important His love is the ultimate force!

Yesterday was a great day. I was given the honor of speaking on Sunday morning as the sermon in an Episcopalian church in Richmond Hill, GA close to my daughter's house. How wonderful to be able to share God's amazing care through our 22 months. God is blessing me with such wonders.

Lamentations 3:22-24 - "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;   great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;  therefore I will wait for him.” What a wonderful scripture to go along with my thoughts on the tides. Great is God's faithfulness seen in all areas of nature but especially in my life! God has gotten me here safely (even through being pushed off the road onto the shoulder by a semi) and has helped me move from loneliness to solitude. Life is manageable with God by my side! Here is a picture of sunset as seen from my daughter's dock.


Today I am thankful for:
  1. Being at my daughter's house.
  2. Having Kara, Alex, and Cassidy come to support me when I preached yesterday.
  3. The opportunity to spread God's amazing care.
  4. The ocean
  5. The tides.
  6. Seeing God's beautiful sunsets.
  7. Playing games with my grandchildren yesterday (even if the beat me).
  8. A fun week ahead with m kids here.
  9. The opportunity to travel.
  10. God's faithfulness never ceasing!
Praise to God for His protection on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox