Sunday, September 2, 2018

No Fear with God

Yesterday I enjoyed walking around Charleston, South Carolina--a very historic city. The visitor center told me this was a walking town so just park and walk. I did as he said and parked close to the south end of the city and then walked around. Everything was great until I needed to go from one tourist area to another and needed to walk through 10-15 minutes without the safety of other tourists around me for security. I became very uncomfortable when in these situations. Jerry was such a comfort and security for me.

God is that now. I knew even though I was uncomfortable, God was with me and giving me safety no matter where I was. It is still quite an adjustment to be alone in a city I am unfamiliar with for visiting.

Psalm 4:8 - "In peace I will lie down and sleep,  for you alone, Lord,  make me dwell in safety." Since Jerry first had his stroke, God has helped me lie down at night, fall asleep, and sleep soundly. Of course, during that time, God knew I needed the rest to be able to get up to my job of caregiving again the next day. Now, it is to allow me to sleep without fear being alone. I need to adopt this verse for day time as well. I also need to be careful not to put myself in uncomfortable situations.

This morning, the sunrise at the hotel was gorgeous. It greeted me as I left the room to go down for breakfast. I was thankful for the room. This is Labor Day weekend, so it took the third exit outside of Charleston before I found a vacancy! 

Today I am thankful for:
  1. A good night's rest finding a room last night.
  2. A church close by this morning to worship God.
  3. The gorgeous sunrise to greet me.
  4. Safety yesterday when I felt apprehensive.
  5. God blessing me so much in my travels.
  6. Wonderful waffles for breakfast!
  7. The historic sites of Charleston yesterday.
  8. A surprise meeting tomorrow in Raleigh, NC with Paul and Mara from Wisconsin!
  9. Moving on to more friends this week to reconnect with on this trip.
  10. God being with me every night to sleep well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox