Wednesday, September 5, 2018

People in my path

God has been truly amazing on this trip with the people He has put in my path to minister to on my journey. Last Sunday, I sat in the middle of a pew in church and an older couple sat down next to me. In visiting with the wife, it was obvious very soon she was suffering from either dementia or Alzheimer's. She was very pleasant but kept repeating herself to me over and over. After church, their daughter met me, and I shared what I was doing in my travels. She invited me to join them for lunch which I did--always better than eating alone! After lunch, we visited some more letting her know she would be in my prayers as her future has a lot of caregiving in it. Her father is also in failing health. She works full time giving her a very full plate. She agreed it was no mistake we met that morning at church. I plan to keep her on my prayer list and hope to be of a continuing encouragement to her.

Having lunch with my great nephew yesterday who is studying at North Carolina University was also a wonderful experience. He is a very sweet young man who agreed to meet with me. We hadn't seen each other for probably 10 years. When you are 18, that is HUGE. We visited easily learning about his interest and goals. What a wonderful trip. Also getting to have lunch with Paul and Mara on Monday before they caught a plane out of Raleigh was another blessing. God is truly the perfect arranger!

Today I am traveling to Hickory, NC to see other great friends from my past. North Carolina is very pretty and loaded with trees. They are wonderful but cause issues when you can't see what is at each exit until you get off to look. I don't like to stop at a gas station that isn't a big one for safety reasons so often have to get off and on a few times before finding one I am comfortable with for stopping.

Luke 4:18a - "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, . . " God has been healing my broken heart with each mile on this trip. Yes, I have had plenty of times when tears flowed freely but so many opportunities to reach out to others. It is hard to stay down when you are helping others raise up. God is truly amazing in His care and the healing He continues to bring.

Today I am grateful for:

  1. The wonderful visit with Susan (see picture). Susan is the daughter of the couple I stayed with in Timnath, CO.
  2. Beautiful North Carolina.
  3. Safety in my travels.
  4. Seeing Paul and Mara.
  5. Seeing my nephew, Harris.
  6. Walking through the Raleigh Aboretum.
  7. A wonderful family to learn to know in Raleigh.
  8. Such pleasant travels--very happy to be on such a long trip.
  9. Opportunities to help others.
  10. The healing God continues to give my broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. L. Cox